Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Summatime

Being home for any long period of time makes me nervous because of what happened last summer. But, good news - I came back to my apartment and everything was here! Safe and sound.
While I was home we celebrated Tim's birthday. We had a nice dinner and for after dinner I had planned a surprise with his friends at the bay to set off Chinese sky lanterns. He has wanted to do them for awhile and I thought it would be fun. No event is complete without a little batch of crazy...we were all having a great time and way in the distance we hear, "FIRE!!! FIRE!!!" Up comes this crazy woman yelling at us that we are gonna burn boats and houses down and that we are "gonna arrested". She asked some vacationers for a phone and they said they didn't have one so she proceeded to yell "POLICE! FIRE! 911!!" We kept lighting them off....and a short time later someone came running up and said, "she got a hold of a phone! You guys might wanna clean up!" We packed up our stuff and walked down the alley to one of his friend's houses and sat on the patio for awhile. Sure enough, the police came, drove right past us, looked at the beach for a bit, then left. Nothing like breaking the law for a bit of good luck and wishes. Turns out, they work. We did have good luck. No one arrested.
Speaking of luck, we all know I am the luckiest girl in the world! I won tickets to an Artist Den showing of Imagine Dragons. It was a fairly small show, larger than I thought but it felt really intimate. And they recorded for PBS, it'll be on August 11. They are awesome, if you ever have a chance to see them, do it. My luck intensifies when I am with Kelly. We went to the Padre game to get pet bandanas, got there too late and missed them. I know, you think that means I am not lucky. But here is the lucky part: we ended up with 2 bandanas, free golf, two nights in Cabo, free dinner, and free parking. Then two weeks later, I got two more bandanas. Amazing.
Now I am back in the City and so of course the craziness ensues. My friend, Sophie and I were going to grab a bite to eat the other day after seeing Superman. (note: I was wearing a coral colored shirt, shocker, I always wear coral) and this man says that the color looks so nice on me. So I said thank you and he said: "Are you an Aries? Your sign? Aries right?" I said no, I am a Libra. And he responded with: Oh, you're very calming.
I am gonna leave with this quote from Tim, "Like Jesus had a lot to live up to, but you're like a girl and you have a lot to live up to."

No comments:

Post a Comment