Saturday, April 20, 2013

Another Saturday Night

Nothin like blogging on a Saturday night...I know what you're thinking, I am out of control and need to settle down!

It's been two months since my last post, to the day. Crazy! I went to Hawaii with my mom the week of her birthday. And where better to be approached by the creepest man ever than at the grocery store in Kona while with my mom. He was on the beach earlier that day and my uncle told us he was kinda weird but at the store I didn't make the connection. Otherwise I would have done a better job avoiding him. But alas, he came over to me...of course. And I was wearing pink shorts and didn't even notice that my toes were painted pink. So that was his line. He asked if I painted my toes to match my shorts and if I did it everyday cause that would be adorable. I said no and that I didn't even notice that was the case. My mom and I started walking out of the store and he followed and then asked if I lived in Kona and I said no, California and he asked if I lived near....I can't remember where...but I said no. Then he asked if I had been proposed to yet. Uh, no sir. And as he is asking all these questions my mom and I are walking quickly to the car and then I blocked the sidewalk with the shopping cart and ran into the car. We saw him at the beach the next day but he didn't say anything, I guess he got the hint with my block and run tactic. Phew!

Back in San Francisco....Adventures on the N Judah (and the 47):
1) A severely obese woman got on the bus the other day and good for her, she rode her bike to the bus stop. Well, she sits across from me and is on the phone. She ends the conversation and in one motion, puts the phone down her shirt while grabbing a large muffin, still in the wrapper like from Walgreens, and proceeds to open and eat it. I never would have known there was a muffin there...and who keeps muffins in their bra?! To each their own, I guess. The guy next to me and I were pretty surprised, I wonder what else is down her shirt....or maybe I shouldn't even think about such things. Brings new meaning to the term "muffin top".
2) A group of kids, maybe 6 of them got on the bus and were standing around where I was sitting. By kids, I mean 15 year old boys, which we all know are kids....the one standing next to me thinks it's a good idea to lean on me while he stands on his tippy toes in order to tag the top of the bus. So I do what anyone would do and move so that he trips slightly. But not enough to put together that it was me and not the bus cause I am not about to mess with a group of teenage taggers. That was weird.
3) There was a guy who got on the bus at about 10am and sat across the aisle from me. He opened a bottle of wine, not the twist off cap kind, like with a wine bottle opener and uncorked it. And then just drank straight out of the bottle. I like his style.
4) This group of three people were on the bus and the youngest one was on something and was jumping on the chairs and doing pull ups on the bar.
5) One day I was eating a granola bar. It was delicious. The bus came to a sharp stop and some guy took that as an opportunity to talk to me for 15 minutes about my granola bar, other kinds of granola and granola bars, kinds of peanut, almond, and macadamia nut butters...neat. 
You just never know what is going to happen on the buses here....

 


No comments:

Post a Comment