Thursday, September 13, 2012

A fresh start

It's time for a name change for my blog. I recently moved out of the TL! I am going to continue to blog because weird things happen to me on a daily basis regardless of where I live. For example, I was out today and some man, clearly visiting SF, was in his car and started yelling questions at me. First he asked, where's your backyard? Then, How do you live here, the houses are so close together? (They are literally touching, it's actually a quite picturesque neighborhood, here's a photo).

Then he told me he wasn't from here. As if that wasn't obvious...but I digress...
Over the summer I went home for a bit. And I had been home for a couple weeks when I got a text from my resident manager, also my next door neighbor, saying that my door was ajar. He asked for permission to enter and when he did, you can imagine what he found. Or maybe you can't, it was that bad. Everything in my apartment was in disarray, LOTS of things were missing, and well...my bed had been "slept" in. My mom and I flew out and with the help of some pretty wonderful friends (Tony and Sophie) I was able to pack everything up, break my lease (after threatening a lawsuit), find a new apartment, and got outta dodge. So now I am in a whole new part of town where there are kids playing soccer, Golden Gate Park is like 2 blocks away, and I can actually go outside without having to cross a soup kitchen line. It's a whole new world and a fresh start! Looking forward to what the next few months..or years...have in store for me. So stay tuned. Goodnight, America.

1 comment: